Bangalore Arya Vaidya Sala Agency (BAVSA), commenced operations as a proprietorship firm in the year 1960, as Authorised Dealers of Arya Vaidya Sala Kottakkal at Lady Curzon Road.
Late Mr. V.G.Nedungadi, founder of the company, was the first proprietor and a true entrepreneur. He used to personally sit at the counter in the evenings, to understand the business.
He was running a small scale industry manufacturing pressure die castings from 1949 when he was introduced to the idea of setting up an agency in Bangalore by a relative of his.
BAVSA was the first Authorised dealer of Kottakkal in Bangalore and was the only dealer right until the 1980s.
Mr. Santosh Nedungadi and Mrs.Devaki Nair, children of late V.G.Nedungadi, joined the business in 1970 and 1987 respectively. As the city expanded, BAVSA opened branches in Malleswaram, Indiranagar, KGF and Jayanagar in that order. KGF and Indiranagar were subsequently closed. That did not however deter BAVSA from setting up a franchise in Yelahanka in 1998 and in acquiring an existing agency in R.T.Nagar in 2010.
Furthermore, sensing the need for genuine ayurvedic treatments and massages, BAVSA set up the first massage centre in Malleswaram in 2005 and in Yelahanka in 2012. Since its inception, there has been a doctor attached to each agency.
Its motto since 1960 has been to offer only genuine Arya Vaidya Sala Kottakkal products and wholesome ayurvedic treatment. BAVSA is one of the largest dealers of Arya Vaidya Sala, Kottakkal and has been consistently recognised for its performance.
Many of the doctors and employees who have been the backbone of the business have been with the company for over 40 years.
Till date members of the family are personally involved in ensuring customers get the best service.